Why Do You Need a Post-Construction Clean-Up Checklist?
Isn’t it exciting to finish a construction project and see the final design coming together? Doesn’t it feel good to relax so you can move on to the next project?
This can all come crashing down when you realize how much there is to clean. You see leftover dirt, trash, and debris from construction everywhere — and likely don’t know where to start with the cleaning process.
RELATED ARTICLE: Health Hazards Hidden in Dirty Tile and Grout
Thankfully, with a post-construction checklist, you can plan ahead so when you finish construction and start cleaning, you are ready to ensure that every inch of your commercial property is perfectly spotless. Read on for the perfect post-construction clean-up checklist.
It’s important to have a checklist of where exactly you should clean, and what you need to do so. It’s already a given that each room must be clean, but you need specifics.
A simple post-construction checklist requires the following:
- A list of all equipment, tools, and other cleaning materials needed for the clean-up
- Each area that needs thorough cleaning
- Kinds of cleaning methods for each area
After every construction, there is dirt and debris accumulated on-site. Some of this debris is toxic and can be harmful. It’s overwhelming but it’s easy to manage. Having a post-construction clean-up checklist is essential.
RELATED ARTICLE: Why You Should Invest in Post-Construction Cleanup
Essential Equipment for Post-Construction Clean-Up
Post-construction clean-ups need lots of equipment. This equipment will help you clean up faster and more efficiently:
- Personal Protective Equipment: This is a requirement. There will be harmful debris and unexpected accidents while cleaning the construction site.
- Cleaning Products and Supplies: Choose quality cleaning products that have a balanced pH and don’t leave toxic chemical residue behind.
- Floor Cleaners: Different kinds of floors like wood, vinyl, and tiles require different kinds of cleaners. You can ask about the best products in your local hardware store.
- Carpet Cleaners: The best carpet cleaner is a wet and dry vacuum cleaner. You can use these vacuum cleaners on both wet and dry surfaces, so they’re perfect for post-construction clean-up.
- Back-Up Equipment: Make sure you are always ready with extra cords, gloves, trash bags, and cleaning products.
Room to Room Cleaning Checklist
Each room is different and requires different levels of attention. Here is a list of rooms you should clean:
High Traffic Areas
People will notice even the smallest dirt if not cleaned well.
These spaces should always be clean, especially before employees use them.
This space is where people eat or take a break. Make sure there is no:
- Debris or dirt leftover from the construction
- Residual dust
This debris may enter the food and the body and cause serious illnesses.
Bathrooms already have a reputation for being dirty. Make sure that after construction, bathrooms are squeaky clean and that there are no:
- Leaks or slip hazards
- Cracked tiles or broken pieces
Entrances and Exits
A dirty entrance can leave a bad first impression. Ensure that these areas are:
Big rocks, nails, and other hazardous items can cause physical damage if not cleaned.
RELATED ARTICLE: 4 Business Flooring Tips to Consider Amidst Employees Returning to Work
Professional Post-Construction Cleanup
Post-construction clean-ups are necessary to maintain the cleanliness of a space. But, it can get overwhelming to do the job alone.
Get a professional cleaning team to help you out. This way, every inch of your space will be clean. You’ll sleep better knowing an expert team took care of the dirty work.
Here are more benefits of hiring a professional post-construction clean-up team:
- Professional post construction cleaners are knowledgeable and skilled.
- A cleaning team knows when and where to start so they can clean properly at the most convenient time.
- Professionals can spot hidden messes. You can be 100% sure your building is clean from top to bottom.
With a professional cleaning team like Professional Surface Restoration, you can save on time, money, and energy. We guarantee only the best quality of work. Contact us now for inquiries about residential and commercial post-construction cleaning.