If done well, flooring shouldn’t be a daily concern for your business. However, when maintaining the cleanliness of your business’s floor becomes a nightmare, and its surface provides safety hazards for you and your employees, flooring can quickly turn from an afterthought to a primary business environment issue. Fortunately, one type of commercial flooring can alleviate many of the concerns tied to your old flooring—epoxy flooring. Keep reading for epoxy floor benefits.
Epoxy Floor Benefits
Epoxy flooring consists of a durable, concrete floor sealed with an epoxy coating. As one of the most popular types of commercial flooring in use today, epoxy flooring is often found in laboratories, food and medicine plants and distribution centers, warehouses, garages, and manufacturing facilities. These industries often choose epoxy flooring because of the numerous benefits it holds over traditional bare concrete floors, including:
- Safety. Epoxy flooring offers low-slip options, as well as coatings that are resistant to extreme temperature changes and fire. Also, many epoxy coatings provide resistance to chemical spills and can more easily facilitate cleanups, keeping those working with hazardous chemicals safer than bare concrete alone.
RELATED ARTICLE: 4 Reason to Choose Full-Broadcast Epoxy for Your Garage
- Low Maintenance. Unlike concrete, epoxy coatings are non-porous, making it impossible for dirt, oil, and other stains to sink in. Cleanup of substances from dust to chemical spills is much easier than with a bare concrete floor.
- Strength and Durability. Once applied to your concrete floors, epoxy coatings harden to a durable polymer and extend the floor’s life. Concrete floors coated with epoxy are resistant to impacts, temperature extremes, and caustic chemicals, allowing them to wear much more slowly than a bare concrete floor.
- Reduced Vehicle Impact. Whether you utilize a fleet of transport vehicles for distribution, in-house machinery for loading, or both, epoxy flooring causes less wear than bare concrete flooring. In return, vehicle maintenance efforts and costs decline as well.
RELATED ARTICLE: Go Beyond Dusting – The Importance of Deep Cleaning
- Environmentally Friendly. Epoxy flooring is considered a viable green alternative to other types of flooring that require more materials and need replacement more often. In addition, the reduced impact on your vehicle fleet can add years to vehicle life and require vehicle replacement less often.
- Attractive Qualities. Unlike a traditional concrete floor, epoxy flooring is available in practically any color combination and can enhance the appearance of your business—especially since it resists dirt and spills. Depending on the gloss you choose, epoxy flooring can also reflect overhead lighting and brighten your business space.
- Efficient Installation. Depending on the condition of your existing flooring, you may be able to apply epoxy flooring directly to your concrete. The overall ease of application and quick curing time allow business to continue as usual much more quickly than with other flooring installations.
Epoxy floor benefits include: non-porous, easy to clean, resistant to wear, and extends the life of traditional flooring. If you’d like to learn more about how adding an epoxy floor can eliminate your business’s flooring concerns, reach out to the experts at Professional Surface Restoration or call (419) 705-8693.